The mission of Trinity United Reformed Church is by word and action to live the Good News of Jesus in the Church and in the world
The United Reformed Church (URC)
Our tradition has been around for a few hundred years but in a different guise. The URC, formed in 1972, comprises three different church traditions: Congregational, Presbyterian and Churches of Christ.
Trinity URC Lancaster
We began when several local Congregational and Presbyterian churches joined together. Follow link to the history of our Bowerham Church. We held services at High Street (as well as Bowerham) until 2018, a link to High Street's history can be found here; our High Street Centre had a Conacher and Co Pipe Organ.
Trinity URC is in the North Western Synod of the URC. We are part of the Lancashire North Missional Partnership, our sister URC churches are: Poulton-le-Fylde; Hest Bank; Halton; Sefton Road, Morecambe; Forton; Garstang; Christ Church, Longridge.
We are an inclusive church, welcoming all people, celebrating Holy Communion monthly at each Centre. We have regular church meetings and an elected body of ordained Elders who, with our minister, share pastoral and leadership responsibilities. We seek to develop ecumenical relationships, being active members of South Lancaster Churches Together.
- Sunday morning worship is generally a mixture of traditional and contemporary styles.
- We welcome all residents and visitors to the area to join in our worship. Communion is normally celebrated on the first Sunday morning of each month.
- Music is resourced both from our hymn book Rejoice and Sing and from a wide range of other sources including Misson Praise. We use both traditional and contemporary music during our services.
- Sunday Morning Service: 10.30-11.30am followed by refreshments.
- Worship for Christian Healing and Wholeness: 6.30-7.30pm on the 3rd Sunday of March, June, September and November.
Our church building has the following facilities
- Loop System - for those using hearing aids
- Toilets including a disabled toilet
- Large print orders of worship, readings and hymns
- Wheel chair access
- Hall and Kitchen (hire facilities)