What do we believe?
The URC stands in the Reformed tradition of Christian faith:
- believes in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- finds the supreme authority for faith by the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the Word of God in the Bible;
- looks to be continually renewed and reformed so as to fulfil its mission of witness and service in the name of Jesus Christ the Son;
- practises both infant and believer's baptism; and celebrates Holy Communion;
- recognises the ministry of God's people: all the members serving in the world and through the church; ministers of Word and Sacrament, elders, lay preachers, church related community workers and workers from partner churches.
For detailed information see the URC Manual.